For six stellar performances in April 2018 at the newly renovated Rialto downtown, Bozeman Actors Theatre delighted and moved audiences with Will Eno's The Realistic Joneses, under the direction of Joel Jahnke. The play featured Mark Kuntz, Cara Wilder, Miles Duffey, and Claire Barley. (Read the press release.) Our stage manager was Anna Neikirk, with costume design by Yvonne Siemer; lighting design by Joel Jahnke; sound design by Reid Loessberg; set build by Gordon Carpenter; and props by Dava Guptill Knobel. The producer was James Burroughs.
Here's what just a few in our audiences had to say:
- “This play was so good—funny and sad and everything in between. But it was so much more because of the superb ensemble of actors. Beautifully done.”
- “Another work of art from Bozeman Actors Theatre! The story packs an emotional punch inside the clever, funny language, with masterful performances.”
- “My head is still spinning a bit from it all. Whew! Really good stuff, and what an amazing ensemble.”
- “I’m really grateful I went. You were all so real on the stage. We’re very fortunate to have you in Bozeman.”
- "You all were amazing—thoughtful and heartbreaking and funny."
- “It’s intense and intimate experiencing this witty drama of loneliness and love, masterfully performed.”
- “I wasn’t expecting laughs and heartbreak one moment to the next. The whole cast just shines.”
- “We’re so fortunate to have this kind of talent in Bozeman.”